|  Home  |  Grubbin' Goodness  |  Reading Nook  | 

Saturday, September 11, 2010

9 years ago, I'll never forget.

September 11, 2001 is a date I don't think any American will ever forget. I certainly won't. I remember my heart sinking when I woke up and my mom told me.  We sat glued to the TV watching the terror unfold all day.  A year later my husband and I went to New York on our Honeymoon.  It was the year anniversary of 9/11.  We went down to Ground Zero and paid our respects.  I remember the extreme sense of pride I had to be an American and how many Americans united at that time. I remember the patriotism and how you'd see American flags everywhere you went.  If you hurt one of us, you hurt all of us. 

I wish there was no such thing as hate.  No such thing as war.  A world where we could all value each other as human beings and respect our differences.  The lyrics to John Lennon's "Imagine" come to mind.  I want nothing more than for my children to grow up in a world filled with love and respect.  A world where there is no evil.  I guess that's an unattainable dream, but it's one to strive for. 

One of the passengers of Flight 93, Tom Burnett, was from my city.. Here's a few pictures from the street named after him today.



To all of the families that lost someone on this tragic day, I extend my thoughts and prayers that you have found peace.  To all of the brave men and women, not only on this day, but everyday, that ensure my freedom, thank you.  I will never forget.

No comments: