|  Home  |  Grubbin' Goodness  |  Reading Nook  | 

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

365 - Day 5

1. The girl just gobbled up a plate of Chicken Dijon, Lemon Rice, and Green Beans.  She didn't make a face, complain, or anything.  She dove right in and made "mmms" and "yummms" the whole time.  She even said, "Mama, this is delicious!!"  My super picky kid is becoming adventurous.  I'm stoked! Now to work on the boy!

2.  THIS IS ON TONIGHT!!!!!

















If you're not watching this show, WATCH THIS SHOW!  But only if you don't mind some violence and adult content.  Oh, and sitting on the edge of your seat, holding your breath and SCREAMING at the top of your lungs.  This show raises my blood pressure and requires me to take a sedative or two, but I can't get enough!


3.  Have you ever been faced with taking the high road or completely obliterating someone who has screwed with you or your fam?  I have.  Too many times than I would like.  Today I was reminded of one of those times.  When this went down, I chose the high road.  I was reminded of this today and annoyed to no end. To be completely honest I had the split second thought today of how I could tear this person a new one and turn their whole world upside down.  For a minute I let my flesh indulge in the idea of how good that would feel.  Then I wiped the smirk off my face and told myself, "Self, you were raised better than that.  You aren't some drama ghetto queen.  Don't stoop to that level.  This is a miserable person, be glad you aren't them. Just because you can hurt someone, deserved or not, doesn't mean you should."  My parents instilled in me the morals of when to bite my tongue, turn my cheek, forgive even when not asked or deserved, and to give grace.  They taught me that God gives me this when I don't deserve it, and I should give it to others.  Not that I should let myself be walked on, but at times you should just cut ties and walk away.  For this, I am thankful.  It has removed unnecessary drama from my life. 

No comments: