|  Home  |  Grubbin' Goodness  |  Reading Nook  | 

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

365 - Day 27

1.  One year ago today my friend Nick died.  Today I am thankful for his life.  I'm thankful that I was blessed enough to know him.

2.  I am grateful for Nick's mom Carole, my dear friend.  She was and still is, one of the bravest, most loving mother's I know. I thank God for giving me the honor to know such a wonderful woman.

3.  Last year when Nick was diagnosed so many people pulled together to find him the donor he so desperately needed.  A donor that the doctors said would be impossible to find.  The global outpouring of support and love of complete strangers for this man and his mother was like nothing I've ever seen in my life.  We see so many things on a daily basis that are negative, that it's a dog-eat-dog world out there, some horribly, scary, ruthless, hateful place.  Last year my belief in the goodness of mankind was not only restored but firmly set in place.  Whenever I have doubts about this world and the people in it, I remind myself of the miracle that I was blessed to witness a year ago.  Because of Nick, because of his mom, because of countless people all over the world many lives might be saved.  Today I am grateful that the legacy of Nick, his mother, and all that were touched by them will live on.

No comments: