|  Home  |  Grubbin' Goodness  |  Reading Nook  | 

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

They Big Fuzzy Heart Each Other

Back when I was a Mommy to one, contemplating being a Mommy of two, I thought of all of the blessings and struggles of having more than one child.  One of which is sibling rivalry.  I heard horror stories of the older sibling being jealous, tormenting the younger sibling, and all out throw down fights.  I became pregnant with Elias, and the fleeting thought stayed in the back of my mind, "Would Isabelle love him completely?  Would she feel threatened?  Would she feel replaced?" 

This thought was immediately squashed the moment Elias was born.  Isabelle adored her baby brother.  She couldn't get enough of him.  She was the perfect big sister/little mommy and relished her role.  As the years have passed their relationship has blossomed.  Eli's feelings regarding his big sister is now apparent.  He loves her too.  He not only loves her, he adores her.  He grits his teeth and smothers her with kisses any chance he gets.  He will randomly run up to her for a hug or a kiss, and she to him.



I've heard many comments regarding our kids loving each other and getting along.  I've heard "You're so lucky!", "Enjoy it while it lasts!", and "That won't last long!"  First of all, I am lucky.  I'm lucky because they are mine!  I won't argue there.  But regarding the other two comments, I choose to believe my kids are building a life long bond that will never break, no matter how much they will get on each other's nerves in the coming years.  They love each other SO much they can hardly contain themselves.  I don't see a love like that ever fading away.

No comments: