|  Home  |  Grubbin' Goodness  |  Reading Nook  | 

Friday, November 19, 2010

Cinderella For A Night

Hubby and I had the privilege of attending Safeway's Annual Gala at Treasure Island last weekend.  It was a magical evening!  So fun to get out of my normal '"Mommy" uniform of jeans and a tee and all dolled up.  The hubby didn't go the standard route of renting a black tux.  He's too fashionable for such nonsense, hence the pinstriped brown tux to which he added a real bow tie, his vest, and even his Captain America cuff links.  They were quite the conversation piece at our table!  Huey Lewis and The News were the surprise entertainment of the evening.  I had a great time singing along ("Power of Love" anyone?) and crowd dancing.  The food was delish and company great!  Added bonus was that my girlfriend from work was there with her hubby one table over.  Such a coincidence out of the 2800 people in attendance! Huge thanks to my parents for watching the kids so we could have a night out on the town!




All smiles for a night out!



Thrilled I got to see my beautiful friend!


 
Loved my jewelry and dress!

Doesn't he look handsome?!





Going home, it was so chilly!  Loved my faux fur!




Time to take the tie off and breathe!


No comments: