|  Home  |  Grubbin' Goodness  |  Reading Nook  | 

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

365 - Day 257

1.  Belle's big recital was today.  It was very long, and a bit stressful as I had to run backstage to help her with costume and hair style changes.  She performed 4 dances total.  I know I am biased, but I still think I'm speaking the truth when I say she danced beautifully.  I think my baby was born to dance.  She just loves it so much and I think that is evident watching her.  During two of the dances I couldn't help but get teary watching her.  I'm so proud of her and of being her Mommy.

2.  After the recital all of the fam headed over to a local pizza joint for a pizza bday party for me/post recital lunch. Big thanks to my Love for organizing it. It was a lot of fun having my sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephew in town for my bday.  I don't think that's happened for years, so it was really nice.  Both the hubby and I were also so thankful for all of our family that were in attendance for B's recital especially.  It means SO much to her for her family to watch her dance.  She was talking and asking months ago who was going to attend, and afterwards went on and on about how glad she was for everyone that was able to come.  She works her little butt off all year for this day, and it is so nice for her to have all the people she loves support her.

3.  Belle and I stopped at my Gram's on our way home from the party and had a very nice visit.  She hasn't been feeling well and I think the surprise cheered her up a bit.  It's always nice being able to spend some time together and get our hugs in.  Belle especially loves seeing and talking to her.  Gram has this little piano that has ballerinas dancing on the top of it that the two of them love to play and watch together.  I love seeing how much they love each other.

No comments: