|  Home  |  Grubbin' Goodness  |  Reading Nook  | 

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Shred is the word!


I've been trying to get off the extra Mommy jiggle I've been rocking and got back to hitting the gym and eating healthier. Then I came across something magical. Something magical and frightening. One of the bloggers I follow started a new exercise program, and was seeing great results. Since she has 4 kids, 2 of which are one year old twins, this got me very curious. I went and picked up my copy of the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels and about died that first night. Okay, not really died, but I was completely surprised at how a 22 minute workout could really kick my butt. Phew, day 1 done and I ended up a sweaty mess. By day 3 I was extremely sore. Must be working. Day 4, thankfully I was much better and starting to notice a change. Hmm, was I really losing some of my oh-so-not-attractive muffin top? Were my eyes deceiving me? Morning 8 I measured my muffin top and was shocked to see it was 2 inches smaller than it was on day 1!!! Wow! It was working! I've Shredded 15 days so far, and have seen results I never expected to see so quickly. I don't even remember when I was in this good of shape tone-wise. I'm taking the night off to ice my knee, as it's been bothering me. Level 2 is a bit tougher on the knees. I think I might switch back and forth between Level 1 and 2 to give it a bit of a break. My recommendation of the day, if you don't have much free time to dedicate to getting healthier/in better shape, give this a try! I guarantee, you won't be sorry!

No comments: