|  Home  |  Grubbin' Goodness  |  Reading Nook  | 

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Patience, it's a virtue. One I'm losing and one I need.

I've been told I'm a very patient person.  I have a rather high tolerance level for rather unpleasant things on most days.  Screaming or whining kids, I can deal pretty well for a length of time before I reach my boiling point.  Long lines, break out the blackberry and play a game.  Hypocritical ghetto beezy who pathologically lies, I laugh it off with the knowledge of the truth of said pathetic person and take the high road. Here's the thing, these last few months, my patience in a certain area has gone OUT THE WINDOW.  I'm struggling. Hard.  Because I'm struggling with patience in one specific area, I'm starting to lack in others as well.  It's a vicious cycle.  I'm lacking patience more than I ever have at this very moment. I find myself more apt to be annoyed by whining, lines, and stupid people.  Consider this a warning or a disclaimer: Kids, behave. Road ragers, stay away.  Crazy beezies, consider yourself lucky I've laughed you off and haven't turned your world upside down, it's advised to not push your luck. 
God is teaching me patience.  True patience, slowly but surely.  Until the lesson is done, steer clear! As the saying goes, "Dear God give me patience, I want it now!" Until I truly have this virtue in all areas, this will be my motto:

God, teach me to be patient, teach me to go slow,
Teach me how to wait on You when my way I do not know.
Teach me sweet forbearance when things do not go right
So I remain unruffled when others grow uptight.
Teach me how to quiet my racing, rising heart
So I might hear the answer You are trying to impart.
Teach me to let go, dear God, and pray undisturbed until
My heart is filled with inner peace and I learn to know your will.
- Helen Steiner Rice

No comments: